Announcement: Next LISRA Meeting – [To-Be-Scheduled]
Benefits of Membership
- Regular membership meetings provide a support structure for your professional activities and advancement, including re-certification.
- Access to senior officials, including ENY’s State Director of Instruction, State Director of Assessment, national referees, and more.
- Valuable instructional clinics to keep you apprised of law changes and their application, given by certified USSF instructors.
- Referee Development and Big Brother programs to help referees improve their knowledge and skills.
- Access to the assigning system for games on Long Island.
- Assignment to special events, including State Cup, Regional league, tournaments, US Club Soccer, President’s Cup, USSF Academy, and Y League.
- Participation in, and assignment to, charitable events, including Special Olympics.
- Representation on league arbitration committees and representation at state hearings.
- Scholarship program for LISRA members and their families.
- Full time office staff to assist when problems arise.
- Board of directors with nearly 200 combined years of referee experience, who know the needs of Association members.
If you are seeking to upgrade in Eastern New York as a USSF referee please contact the ENY Soccer Referee Office at https://enysreferee.org/contact/
Applications By: April 30th, 2021
All members and their children are welcome to apply. The requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be a referee in good standing or the child of a referee in good standing.
- Applicant must submit a transcript of grades for the past year and the latest available marking period of 2021.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from: (1) A past or present employer, (2) A school representative and (3) A personal friend or acquaintance or clergy person. (No LISRA Board Member may write a letter of recommendation.)
- A letter from the applicant expressing why he or she feels that they should be awarded a scholarship.
- Letters, transcripts and a completed application must be received before April 30, 2021. All paperwork should be addressed to the LISRA office. (Make certain to write LISRA)
- The April 30 deadline will be strictly enforced.
Ask a Question
Want to Join LIRA?
Fill in the form above and someone from the support will be right back to you to help answer any question you have.